Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 14

Ok so I made it to the ATC headquarters in Harpers Ferry WV 3 days ago. Harper's ferry is the unofficial halfway point of the trail, there I swapped a lot of gear out for lighter summer gear and sent home almost all my clothes. Currently I have one shirt one pair of hiking shorts and one pair of shorty shorts for really hot days and to sleep in, I also have one pair of underwear 3 pairs of socks a bandanna and a light wind\rain jacket.

In the past 2 days I have went through Maryland and am now in Pennsylvania, I am officially in the north.  Good news is sunshine and I are back together and have named our team "5-8 and Over" it basically means we only hike with tall people lol. Yesterday morning was one crazy time...the weather got really nasty, so bad people had their headlamps out at 8am because the clouds drowned out the sun. Today we were told there was a tornado about 30miles from where we were hold up in a bathroom. Wow what fun!

I'm so glad to be back on trail and to have my hiking buddy back, I'm also glad to be in Pennsylvania it really feels like I've completed something even though I'm barely halfway.  A huge Thank You to my sister's co-worker for the awesome trail magic that got me this great down quilt I'm now laying in. Thank You ×1000000 I'm no longer sweating all night.

Peace Love and Hikers
Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment