Friday, March 15, 2013

It's just walking, it's not that hard!

Hey everyone! I'm actually in my tent right now at Wesser bald mile 131.4. Today has been a beautiful day I hiked 18 miles and it wasn't too bad. (my knees are getting a lot better) if you didn't know I had hikers knee that really hurt but I pushed through it. Anyhow my current elevation is 4227 ft. and it's not supposed to get colder than the high 30s tonight yay. I am now solo hiking again the team split into different groups I'm just kinda winging it. Tomorrow I will make the approx. 3500ft decent to the NOC have a hiker burger then start the grouling cliMb bk up to the ridge which is 6 miles up hill from 1740 ft to 4710 ft. a real "ball buster"... At this rate I should be bk in my mountains by Mon. or Tuesday at Fontana dam.... I did meet a father and daughter today who are really nice and are also staying at the camp tonight...turns out Chickadee ( the daughter) went to the same highschool my nanny Elliott worked at and just happens to know her...small world ide say.

That's all from the mountain
it's way past hiker midnight I need to be asleep.

Btw the pics are from a awesome fire tower I climbed earlier today.

2 comments: