Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thanks momma!

Ok it's been a busy week... The NOC was the start to hard few days... I did a 18 mile day then a 16 mile day time catch up to tall boy and get ahead of the huge group. After the walk up to Wayah bald in the Dark I found tallboy set up camp and passed out. Woke up early on the bald to watch the sunrise with about 14 other hikers...it's was pretty cool. That day tallboy and I met up with heart rock and brad and did 7 miles woot! but we did have to climb Jacobs ladder which is a 600ft. climb in .5 miles...literally straight up. I have now been in Fontana for 3days resupply was a bit of a task here but thanks to my wonderful mother we were able to get to Maryville and get the job done. Mom you are officially a Trail angel. As of this moment I am sitting in my sleeping bag at the Fontana shelter for another day due to the fact that during the night my sleeping pad is slowly losing air and I'm not going into the smokies with failing gear. Especially when theRe is a "Artic Weather warning till Thursday, so I will attempt to fix it and venture into the big mountains tomorrow. Btw the temp above 4000 ft. is supposed to be -15 due to high winds till Thursday yay.

Enjoy life in the fake world :-)
Carpenter

1 comment:

  1. I thought u was going to hit me and brad up when u got to Fontana ?? Hope ur doin good man u need any thing I am free Sunday

    ReplyDelete