Wednesday, July 17, 2013

June 17

Well it was another hot day in the mid. 90s. Sunshine and I left the shelter at 7am, hiked 5 miles to a deli down the road .4 miles and had a delicious sandwich.  Apparently all the other hikers had the same idea, there were 13 of us there. Two of the hikers I met there are from Chattanooga TN. Once we left the deli we did 4 more miles to another shelter to wait out the heat. Timber, little engine and Ambo were there too. I had a great time joking and laughing with them for a good 5 hours. 4:30 we continued hiking, we wanted to go 7.8 more miles to the next shelter. An hour passed and we were just over 3 miles when we came to the "Nuclear" lake. Bro Hawk, Double D, button and the Chattanooga boys were layed out by the lake after a swim so of course we joined them. The water was warm but still refreshing, I finally got to wash the large amount of dirt from my legs that was getting pretty thick from burning up the trail. Hahaha.  Once the lake party was finished we all finished out the day at the shelter 6 miles before the Connecticut boarder. On the way into the shelter I met Mercury he is the first official AT south bounder I've met. Fortunately for me I'm getting close to my goal while he is just beginning an amazingly beautiful and fun mind test...

Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment