Monday, July 1, 2013

June 24-July 1

I'm am currently,  sitting at Blue Mountain Summit B&B waiting on UPS to deliver my new shoes. I just wanna say I love Solomon shoes and the company,  the Solomon's I'm currently wearing have over 700 miles on them and have held up great but they are worn out as any trail runner would be. Last week I called the company told them what I was doing and with no hesitation they shipped me a new pair.

Since my last post I have moved  100 miles north with one zero day. The weather and trail have been rough. We have officially hit the "hell" of northern Pennsylvania.  There are rocks absolutely everywhere,  and when wet they are extremely slippery and dangerous,  which makes hiking slow and tedious. Bugs, particularly nats are driving me nutty, there is nothing like trying to navigate wet rocks with nats flying in and around your eyes all day ugh I hate them. Belgium hiker Hot Foot was taken off trail the other day by the fire dept. due to the giant bullseye on his leg...Lime Disease!  Personally I have only had four ticks on me but none have embedded for now.

Trail magic has been nice lately though even with inclement weather.  We have had 3 different trail angels with food and one that Slack packec sunshine and I 16miles which was awesome. Bag Of Tricks was who slack packed us, but on top of that he tracked down my Trekking poles that I had left in a car on accident in Port Clinton, PA and had them waiting with my pack at the end of our slack pack.

In Port Clinton/ Hamburg I picked up my two mail drops, the first one was my normal food drop from my sweet mother and the second was from a good friend named Brad, its always exciting to get packages with unknown goodies in them, thanks a lot buddy it made my day. I also want to thank Nanny and Papa Elliott and my Uncle Billy for donating some money to help me to keep going north. Love all of you.

I'm happy to say we have less than 1000 miles to go...we should be in Delaware Water Gap by independence day, which is the PA/NJ state line. Currently our mileage is 1238 miles from Springer Woot!

Its Raining AGAIN. ... but I still wish UPS would show up, we need to hike! Today we will cross the Knife Edge and Bear Rocks, both should be equally a pain in the ass in the rain and dangerous...Maine doesn't move south though so we must put our heads down and push on.

I'm sorry for being late on my post...I've been wore out every day and just want to sleep but I will do my best to keep you updated.

Have a great day...

Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment